Bootler"s Yearly Random (But Interesting) Fact

7-Up was origanally named Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda.

Monday, October 8, 2007

EMO

Black clothes, pale skin, trademark hair, razor cuts on the skin and a sad expression on the face.

We’re describing the typical emo. Not. We are talking about Edward Scissorhands. Got ya.

So, why do most Burtonites hate emos? Ed could be described as an emo himself. He has all the same characteristics as one. Or even Edward Scissorhands' imperfect alter ego: Mr. Tim Burton. And the same could be said about Burtonites themselves. There’s one reason we’re all here. Its because in the outside world we feel alone.

We had to escape our own realities and find comfort in a place where we knew we would fit in - The Tim Burton Collective.

And yes, its full of emos. Like it or not, you are one. Maybe not in appearance, but emotionally you are. WE are.

Don’t start complaining and saying that you aren’t. You are. Deal with it. How many times have you cried at Edward Scissorhands because you feel identified? How many times have you posted how bad, how alone, how much of an outsider you feel you are? One, two…ten... thousand times?We want to feel loved, so we post about it and hope for a response of that cold outside world they've told us there is beyond out computer screen. That’s what an emo is.

They want to grab attention using that representative image of theirs. Of course, they wear it on the outside for the world to see. On the collective, we can't be seen… but our posts can.

This is not a bad thing. Its just the truth. So the next time you think about calling an emo ‘stupid‘, that’s what you’re calling yourself. And me.

Emoing up the Burtonite way of life,

Don’t & Know
The Timely Procrastinator Team

3 comments:

Fuzzy Duck said...

Good editorial, but I think I diverge on personal definition of "emo." I don't think of emo as being simply sad, or lonely, or alienated. When I hear "emo," I think of people making those common, normal emotions into fashion or attitude statements consciously. Regardless, this was an amusing editorial. :)

Eddiesmoments said...

I agree with Fuzz.
and I am not EMO.
I am way beyond that. Emo is childs´ play. I am a psycho.

Just D said...

Man,I remember about 5 years ago or so now (aah how long it seems), when I was starting to get into bands like AFI, Alkaline Trio, and other such punk bands who bore the hallmarks of early emo. I wore the black, I had the nihilistic attitude associated with the subculture (I even self harmed, and I'm not proud of that), but I like to think it as something I grew out of, and I'm sure these kids today will. I mean, the punks of the 70's culture, they're not like that these days (a majority anyway). Anyway, as for Emo (or Emotional Hardcore) music, I love it, it's well written, makes an excellent use of duel guitar sounds and heavy drumming/down tuning, combined with intelligent and emotionally potent lyrics (See: Funeral for a Friend). It's a shame that the fans are such sheep.